If you are fed up with the standard spaghetti and want to please your family with a simple, nutritious, and tasty dish, just try to cook a conchiglie by traditional Italian recipes. With green peas and ham, the macaroni (= kind of pasta), will be very tender and will delight the whole family.
- Conchiglie or other “shell-like” macaroni 400 g;
- Ham 200 g;
- Green peas TM “Artika” 400 g;
- Bulb onion 140 g;
- Sour cream 250 g;
- Butter 50 g;
- Salt, pepper, thyme to taste.
Method of cooking:
- Boil the peas for 5-6 minutes, drain the water.
- Cook conchiglie, or other pasta which you prefer, to the almost-ready state - as the Italians say "al dente".
- While the pasta is being cooked, you can start to prepare the sauce. Peel and chop onion, then brown it on butter to a golden crust.
- Peel the ham from the covers and chop it into small dices. Add ham, thyme, and green peas to the onion and let them fry for a little.
- Then add sour cream and mix. Stew on medium heat for another ~10 minutes.
- Now you can add already cooked pasta to this sauce. Stew the dish for a few more seconds and serve it to the table.