Brussels sprout are very easy to prepare, but before using them in cooking, it is usually advisable to cook it for a few minutes in boiling water, and then use it to make garnishes, side dishes, soups, salads, and other dishes.
- 200 g of bacon;
- 700 g of Brussels sprout TM «Artika»;
- onion 140 g;
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice;
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil;
- pre-ground sweet/green pepper (“paprika”), coriander, black pepper, and salt to taste.
Method of cooking:
- Cook the Brussels sprout heads in boiling salted water for 3-5 minutes until they soften, then drain the water.
- Chop the onion into small bits. Cut bacon into thin slices.
- Roast the bacon in a pre-heated frying pan until a brownish-golden crust forms, for 3-5 minutes. Then take it out and place it on a paper tissue to remove excess oil.
- Add olive oil and onion to the grease which has remained on the pan, and fry onions for 4-5 minutes on medium heat until soft.
- Add Brussels sprout to the onion and cook for another 3-4 minutes, stirring it from time to time.
- In the end, add spices and salt to taste, sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Combine Brussels sprout with bacon and mix gently.
- Brussels sprout is best when served hot.
Enjoy your meal!